The edcom Thesis Competition rewards the best Bachelor and Master theses on advertising or commercial communications among edcom member schools.
Please note that the competition is only open to students from edcom members schools.
Thesis Competition 2019-2020
Announcement of Winners
We are happy to announce the winners of the edcom Thesis Competition 2019-2020! We would like to congratulate the two following entries:
- The winner of the Bachelor category is Ryan O’Carroll from the Technological University Dublin whose thesis explored the topic of Generation Z and social networks.
- The winner of the Master category who is also the overall winner of the Thesis Competition is Pelin Yesiltepe from Istanbul Bilgi University whose thesis investigated the effects of emoji usage for brand communication.
This year the winners of each category is receiving a €400 cash prize while their schools will receive a €400 EACA voucher that could be used towards EACA educational and training programmes. In addition, this year our sponsor at Statista is awarding the overall winner of the competition a free Statista Premium subscription for a year.The finalists will also receive a digital certificate to recognise their achievement.
The next edition will be launched soon so check back for updates! For more information about the competition and future editions please visit our webpage.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, in case you have any other questions.
You can apply if:
- You have written a Bachelor or Master Thesis
- You are a student from an edcom member school
- You have been selected by your academic supervisor to represent your school and you have contacted your edcom coordinator.
Jury: The jury consists of the edcom Research Committee, which is comprised of 7 academics from across Europe
Rewards: The winners of the competition will win €400 and the participating schools will each win a €400 EACA voucher